Monday, July 21, 2008

Last weeks dating rejects, breaking and entering, and luscious lips!


Good Evening All,
I'm going to try and get back in the habit here of updating you folks regularly on the chronicles of my free meals, and other various escapades in the land of wacky dating. Such fun I must say I'm having. When I had a boyfriend - I paid for everything. It's about time I get some free meals!
So last week was a hectic week all around in dating world. Three dates I believe in a week! Bachelors number 1, 2, and 3, took their places in my week, and then I sent them back in their own lives. Not in any rude way. I just drop out of communication. Well one of these situations was out of my control, in quite the entertaining fashion. Not to worry a genuine email will follow. Something about these surgeons I guess.
So Bachelor number One Hedge Fund Guy, who I may have mentioned in an earlier post, met me for dinner a few towns away. Another one of those scenes out of Clueless when our eyes met from across the way and we both clicked our cell phones shut. We decided upon a drink before dinner, and a walk to check out some of the local restaurants. I had been really hoping to try this French place that had a very reasonable steak frites as part of a mid week prix fix (this was a Monday). However, I was informed by hedge fund guy (whose Uncle owns the hedge fund so his position is clearly a case of nepotism) that you have to be in a certain mood for French food. Actually I think I was in that mood, but apparently he was not so to Asian Fusion we went. While this one actually had a very full head of hair, his stories of how when his parents divorced he went to boarding school for yuppies (actually sounded like that place Dr. Phil send rich kids with problems) and didn't keep in touch with anyone, bored and alarmed me. One thing that is a red flag to me is not having enough friends. After all no need for a cling on. Dinner was relatively uneventful except for the fact he went to the mens room 3 x during it. A case of nerves? Not sure. I was off with a huge and one of those this was fun I'd love to see you again. A follow up call later in the week was easily brushed off with life's busy I'll be in touch. However, I wasn't. Too many things going on...
Which leads me to Bachelor number two surgeon, not to be confused with our favorite former flame, oral surgeon. After calling to tell me he'd be late, which wasn't an issue for me we met up in my town. He was already there when I pulled in standing next to his grey BMW, which he had told me he wasn't sure who paid for his mom or his brother. His mom you see, though he was 26 was still funding his life, and dictating his finances. As long as he continued to get a good education (at this point he had a college degree, was an MD, had a PhD, and was doing a super fellowship at an Ivy League affiliated hospital) she would support him. Let me guess I asked him on our one phone conversation prior to the date, your mom doesn't like anyone you date huh? How did you know he replied. You should have been a psychologist. And you my friend, should be earmarked as having a potential MIL from hell!
Back to the date, surprisingly he looked better in person than his picture. His hair was reasonably intact yet the potential for thinning in the middle and on the sides was clearly evident. Conversation flowed for three hours as we saw outside, and then decided to go for drinks. It wasn't that flirty but I was having fun so I figured let's continue. There's free drinks to be had (on his mom of course). After our second drink, I could tell he was a little buzzed so we went to walk in this dark park near where I lived for a while. While he was less arrogant then I expected for a surgeon, he didn't seem that mature in a way of having real life experience. I guess that's what happens when mommy dearest pays for everything! Still not tired, we decided to venture to the nearest city to a club and both had some pama martinis. Clearly not used to the drinking (being so busy studying, and operating) we decided to take another walk this time right up the road to my parents condo complex. After parking his car near the clubhouse we walked around and I decided it was a nice night to stick my feet in the pool. Only problem was it's private property and there was a huge iron fence. No problem for the tall doctor. He hoisted me over the fence and then jumped over himself and I dipped my feet in while we continued chattering away.
I wasn't really getting necessarily an overly romantic vibe though he was cute and nice, and by this time it was nearly 2 AM (we had met at 7:30 PM) so we decided to head back to my car, which was parked at the initial restaurant. When we got there we hugged goodbye he gave me a peck on the lips, and then I'm still not sure how but it turned into like a 45 minute make-out session. I didn't feel any huge sparks but I wasn't repulsed and I hadn't anything more interesting to do at the time. After a while not being from the area, and living about 45 minutes away he asked if I would mind if he crashed on my COUCH. I figured that he was harmless so I let him follow me back home. I told him he could stay in the guest room, and he asked me to keep him company for a bit. I went upstairs and changed into my most unsexy outfit of shorts and a t-shirt and a little more kissing later he tried to stick his hand up the short. I slapped it, being on my best behavior to which he responded "But I'm a breast surgeon, have you ever had a thorough exam?"
"Yes, I do annually and last time I heard, I was in good shape, and I don't need surgery" I retorted. That was the end of that and we somehow (though I normally am not a fan of sleeping next to someone) managed to fall asleep next to him. Must have been the wine/rum/vodka. At around 5 AM I woke up and went to my own room and the next morning he was gone. He sent me an email saying he had fun, and that I sure make out a lot on the first date - just kidding. Well actually I guess I did, but so did he. We made plans for the following Sat. Each day leading up till then he emailed me. On that Thursday (last week) I got an email asking what we were doing Sat and that he had stolen me scrubs from the hospital YAY. Eight hours later before I had a chance to respond to the first email I got this email.
"Hey….

I’m sorry…. I can’t make on Saturday.
After I got back home tonight and unpack my stuff I saw my ex’s pictures. I realized I miss her so much…. I feel shamed because I was hurt and try to find rebound from all the dating sites. I emailed and called her. Finally, she agrees that we will work on our relationship!
I have to stop all the connection with all my dates, and hope you understand…

Surgeon

Ps, don’t have to write back to me or call. You are a good girl and good luck to you!
Pretty poor grammar for a surgeon, don't you think? Anyway I am pretty pissed I wasn't able to get the scrubs but my friend said it would be in poor taste to just email and ask for them. Don't really care about the guy but I was kinda bummed about not getting my snazzy scrubs. Anyway not having much luck with surgeons. The first one wanted his money back, the second one's mom paid (though I did tease him about this in an email and he claimed he used his own credit card, his moms was the platinum, he paid with the regular) Clearly not the greatest loss.
The last date in the line up was last Monday with almost MBA. We had been talking for a while now and I barely remembered what his pic looked like so I was surprised when he got out of his car at the restaurant we met at by my office with a shiny gold watch, a blingy gold bracelet, and matching necklace. We started with drinks during which I went to the ladies room and encountered 4 other woman all single, and on dates with people they weren't into, and we exchanged numbers. I think Almost MBA found it interesting when I emerged from the bathroom and said I had to give out my number to a few ladies before I got back to him. Might as well make some new friends...while he was a very nice guy, and definitely also WAY into his mother (though I didn't see her name on his charge card) the physical attraction was just not there for me. At dinner he told me I had luscious lips. I suppose this was an indication he was interested in exploring them further. Not part of the deal there, no matter how yummy the Hibachi was (and it was yummy). I got out seamlessly in enough time to go home and watch my soap.



And so last weeks marathon has concluded and was entertaining at the last. Tomorrow I'll intend to update you all on this weeks OUT of the office plan on elevator man's boat. That's right I am DAMN good.....this is gonna be interesting!
Sweet Dreams All

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a busy dater, lol.
How do you keep their names straight. Anyway, you also appear to be having fun, and the food is good, right?

Can't wait to hear about the boat