Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Elevator Chronicles: MYSTERY SOLVED!!!


Good Evening All,
I apologize for my long absence though I hope it's worth the wait. After two long months of fading into the background as my elusive email pen pal, elevator and I finally took our long awaited walk! Elevator and I had been having some IM conversations and with work entering into a crunch time I've been at the office a little more. I bit the bullet last week and imed him during the day and said when are we going walking. We agreed to meet at the same elevator we originally met at. For 45 minutes we walked and chatted and bantered, and so many things were brought up, however still not the answer to the question. As our walk came to an end I figured I'm just going to have the bite the bullet and ask.
The topic had transitioned to cleaning woman and as I mentioned that I might give up cable, and even electricity I wouldn't ever give up my cleaning woman. He had said he was interested in getting on so I said with that new addition on your House you must have a lot of space to clean right?
"Well...not exactly he trailed off. I'm kinda not living there anymore. I'm in an apartment now. I'm in the process of getting divorced."
**********************************************
And so there it is folks that answer we've all been waiting for. However, wait there's more. Behind door number 2 is that's right folks two young children 3 and 5! Now clearly he didn't want me to know any of this cause he's spent the last 2 months completely avoiding the topic. As we entered back into the office I offered him one of the chocolates I had brought in from the weekend. We had several times discussed our mutual love of sweets. He told me to follow him back to his office and showed me pics of the kids (super adorable) and we chatted a bite more. I said I was jealous he had a private office and he told me I could come over and hang out or use it whenever I like.
Now the following day or maybe the next day, he imed me first and asked when we could walk but our schedules just wouldn't align so that didn't work. However, I told him I could drop by his office quickly and he obliged. Once inside he mentioned he had to get on a call with his boss so I said I would leave and he told me not to worry about it dialed in and then muted the call so we could continue to chat. This surprised me a little bit. I ended up hanging out again in his office during the call, until he needed to take a one on one call for about 45 minutes. A few days later another IM session ensued and the banter seemed to go borderline flirty as we talked about his boat and how I couldn't swim, and would prefer a red life jacket. He told me he had no idea where to find one so I googled it and sent him the link telling him I expected one. Then he mentioned that he thought I looked good in red, and said he had liked my outfit from the other day.....
So now that I know he's in the process of divorce the question is why? An interoffice affair? Wife catching him emailing strange woman he doesn't know all hours of the night? The whole kid factor throws a damper in things. However, he's hot, high up and has a boat so my plan of action is to let the flirting continue and hope for at the last an invite on the boat. I'm not feeling this as a real potential dating situation at all, but a little banter never hurt anyone!
Tomorrow I'll be in the office so we'll see if a walk with by in the cards. I may even wear red...
Stay tuned for that and so many more stories to catch up on that I'll be posting over the next few days including last weeks date with hedge fund guy, Sat night's date with surgeon, a new guy, and tomorrow nights date with Almost MBA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At Long Last, the mystery is solved, lol. At least, now you know...

sounds like you've been a busy lady.