Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Past, The Present, Asian Woman, and the lack of future

Good Afternoon All,
Apologies for the brief break from writing. So where to begin. Since the Elevator doors remained closed there's been a few odd additional things. Let's start with the past. You all remember the surgeon who I went out with maybe a couple of months ago who decided to get back together with his ex right? Well I received the following email (s) from home this week entitled "I'm sorry about this..."

"Hey... I apologize for contacting you..... Could you please email me at weirdo@strange.net (I deleted all your stuff already)? My girlfriend from Atlanta (remember the Asian one I spoke about) specifically asked me if I dated you...she does not even know you but she named your profile name. I think she may have a friend that can hack into the site (or has a friend that works there)....She asked me other information also that was impossible for her to know. I'm actually off this site for good but popped back on just to resolve this matter. If this is in fact the case, it's really awful and they should be stopped. Did she contact you? I'm confused. You can simply say you know nothing of the matter. Again, I apologize for contacting you... "

An hour later I received the next email entitled "hey"

"Don’t worry about what I just wrote to you. I got too nervous when she asked me about you. I promise you that I will not bother you anymore… "

I didn't write back obviously. Meanwhile the guy claims he hasn't been on the website but simply to resolve this matter, and when I just went in to copy and paste his message on here I saw he'd been active within the past four hours. I wish his girlfriend the best of luck.

In other news I went out with the IT guy again earlier this week. I think it was Monday. We met up and drove down to this town about 45 minutes from here and had dinner at this brewery. I was concerned because after researching the place online one of the reviews said that the only thing brewing after you eat there is the gas you'll have an hour later. Luckily we left unscathed and the food was actually pretty decent. I stayed safe with steak. Afterwards I suggested going for another drink and he took that to mean Starbucks. My passion tea was the most empassionaed part of the evening. At the end of some fine conversation, but nothing overly stimulating he asked if he could kiss me goodnight. Whatever, I might as well see if there was any chemistry I was missing elsewhere. It wasn't a bad kiss as in I didn't feel like I was kissing a relative, however when he stopped after a minute to throw his gum on the floor (which I didn't even notice was in his mouth) the moment (which wasn't that much of a moment) was lost. I couldn't stop laughing. We've chatted once since, but I'm not really interested.

So last night my Friday night partner and I ventured out to one of our usual haunts and almost immediately were chatted up by two guys, one bald, and one not. The not bald one who was a director at a marketing firm he referred to as the place where they call you up on Saturdays and try and get you to sign up for things seemed OK. He mentioned that he wanted to take me to dinner sometime, and I was open to the idea. A few minutes before the bars were slated to close, two woman walked in and my friend made a comment like half their outfits must have gotten lost at home. I honestly thought they were prostitutes until unbald said uh oh I hooked up with one of those girls a few times and never called her. He turned his back and looked uncomfortable. Now if he was trying to talk to me why would he tell me that? Lack of skills? Perhaps the same lack of reason (and skills) that caused him only a few moments later to show me a text she had sent him the previous day, which turned out to be a topless picture of rather large breasts for an Asian girl. "I think she may have gotten implants what do you think?" Well let's see since I (unlike him) hadn't seen them originally I didn't feel I could form an opinion.

Needless to say, I waited till he was talking to someone else and bolted out without a goodbye. At least I got a free drink, it wasn't a total loss. I think the quest for non frogs is hopeless!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: