Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Can I have your cherry? if not your socks..


Good Evening All,

I haven't seen any comments on the latest posts so please post comments! Anyway I'm fresh back from a bachelorette party in NYC this weekend where nothing but trouble occured. Inititally I hadn't even wanted to go- not so much a fan of the city, various modes of transportation to get there, all the noise, the craziness, the truly odd people and lifestyles that you just don't see living in the woods. Here however, you'll notice to your left the first real picture I've ever posted on this. I figured the legs of myself and the other attendees are anonymous enough. The doorman seemed to have some angular issues when asked to take our photo. Any guesses on which one I am?


This was the first bachelorette party I'd been to where to men were invited. The bride (a close high school friend) had invited one of her childhood friends as well a a male college friend, both of whom dressed in drag for the occasion. This was the first of the odd things I was exposed to.....The whole man in a mini skirt with a tuft of belly hair riding up the abdomen, exposed by a belly shirt that said "blow". Enough said. Never mind the taxi we took after the ride from the hostesses apartment where we dined on classy and yummy delicacies such as the gummy penises, took us down to the Village. We weren't even out of the taxi and I was alarmed. After departing I noted the fact we were were walking with two men wearing woman's clothing and neon colored ladies wings (one with devil horns) and not one person seemed to be the least bit fazed by this.
Prior to entering the bar we were given my favorite of all bachelorette fun- the scavenger hunt. For those of you not privy to this often times naughty excuse to do things one might (not all) not normally do it's this list that generally the bride has to complete before the end of the night of she's subject to taking shots or whatever else the bridal party decides. However, this evening had a twist. All were to be involved in the scavenger hunt. Adorned with name tags that read "Aura Gasm" "Fook mee" and "Anita Man" we entered the bar and as my competitive nature shifted fully into gear while the other girls were ordering (and paying for their own $15 martinis) I launched into full pursuit.
Within a few minutes I had a few check marks on the list. I had gotten a guys number (and picture with him), gotten a guy to give me his condom, gotten marriage advice written on a napkin from another guy (he wrote one word- overrated), but I could not get anyone to give me their sock. Several guys who I asked to show me their underwear weren't wearing any, and soon I thought why not get the bride into the action. She was laying low at the tables with the others so I grabbed her and said you need to check something off already how about asking that guy in the red to dance for you which was one of the requisite items on the list. He looked like he'd be up for it, I thought bewildered at his skin tight red undershirt not noticing at the time his hand was on the shoulder of another guy. Oh they were up for it and more.
They insisted on coming over to our table and put her in a chair and started gyrating one in front and one in the back around her. This was a sight only the city would provide. At least she got a chechmark! Onto the club things started really getting interesting. I spotted a sailor fresh of the boat, pictures were taken, music started getting good. Complimentary shots of vodka were being passed out, and then I spotted them. A group of 5 or so hot guys on the other side of the bar. Time to stake out some more checkmarks. After begging for a sock from this group (you'd be surprised how several shots and a goal of winning brings out a not very dormant uninhibited side) I said well if you're not going to give me a sock you had better do something. The guys took my list and noticed the line that said reach over the bar and steal a guys cherry and tell him thanks for my cherry or something equally as lame. Well one of them- luckily one of the hotter ones reached across the bar and put the cherry between his teeth and said come and get it. Well you didn't need to tell my twice, I think we managed to jointly tie the stem in a knot with our tongues.
Excellent- this party had no officially gotten started. The bride was highly entertained by the posse of hot guys I brought over to join our fun and as the music got louder and the grinding got more feverish, more fun was had. The fact I needed/ wanted to catch a train home started to escape me. I clearly recall making out with someone else from the hot guy group before the end of the night. I can't for the life of me decide if it was cherry guy or one of his hot friends but really I can't say I'm losing any sleep over it. After finally realizing if we had any prayer of catching our train we would need to depart, goodbyes were said to the hot guys and a 55 block taxi ride ensued. With only 2 minutes to spare, one of the other party girls and I ran like the wind through the train station at the speed of lightening in our dresses and 4 inch heels lucky to make it just in time.
And this my friends is why I love still being single. No rules, many hot guys! Maybe NYC isn't as bad as I thought....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so this was why you were tired at the meeting, lol...sounds like a fun time, though...