Monday, May 5, 2008

There may be a lot of fish in the sea, but most should be floating!



Good Evening All,

I have this pin I got as part of a set for my sisters bachelorette party which says "always a bridesmaid". Coming from another bridal shower today where I yet again played the role of very experienced bridesmaid, I'm beginning to think there's some truth to this. Not that the opportunity hasn't presented itself before. However, at the time it didn't seem opportune at all, rather just plain scary. I guess I needed to be reminded though that there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel, rather there's a bunch of guys in really scary masks appearing as if they've just escaped a mental hospital. In fact, I think they may have. Nevertheless after a three year committed relationship, I yet again reentered the scary but true world of dating. Now it's not scary because I'm unsure of what I want, or because I don't know what to expect. Rather, I know what I want, it's still not there, and I know to expect a bunch of crazy stories. However, I had no idea that this batch was about to be the craziest yet.

I said just the other day that although I recently joined a fiction writing group, I have trouble coming up with ideas. This is because my life in reality is so odd at many times it's more interesting then anything I could make up. In fact surprising as it may seem it's really stranger then fiction! Last night before today's bridal shower I found myself having a pre-festivity dinner with the bride to be, her fiance, her parents, uncle, his gf, and a family friend reading aloud an email I had recieved after a first date with one really warty frog. That story will be forthcoming- not to worry. As the table reveled in laughter over yet another one of these incredelous stories, I thought why be selfish and just entertain my immidate friends with these stories. The whole world could laugh at the experiences I suffer through routinely. And so thus is born a blog that will hopefully entertain more then it horrifies, enlighten more then it instills fear, and perhaps one day find me face to face with that prince that seems to be a needle in the haystack that I am endlessly navigating through.

No comments: