Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taking it out of the elevator- into the parking lot...

Good Evening Again All,
This my friends is a double header evening. I know so many of you are anxiously awaiting more news of our favorite maybe married elevator rider. Well imagine my surprise when during the work day an email popped up with a picture attached of a beautiful mountain and a note saying "I took this while in NH this weekend see what you're missing out on" I think my invite to that trip was lost, assuming Mrs elevator probably wouldn't have been keen on me going.

I wrote back and asked who he went with, why was here there. The brother, visiting a male friend I was told. Always all about the brother. Seems like a good cover to me. Shortly after this unexpected and unusual daytime email en route to the ladies room I walked past a guy talking to a woman who said hey how are you? Fine I said and continued to the ladies room passing not one but two elevators until a woman put one of those yellow do not enter signs out there.

I thought to myself who was that guy he looks so familiar. Suddenly it dawned on me. Yes, I believe it was THE elevator man. I had passed him with my lobsteresque skin not even realizing it was him. Well i was 99% sure. After taking the elevator to the 3rd floor in search of a usable ladies room I arrived back at floor 5 only to find elevator man right in front of the elevator still talking with the same woman. Wonder if he's told her about the Mrs. Desperate times calls for desperate measures and I had to know if it was him.

I ran over to my co worker and insisted she go out and walk by so she could read his company name badge and make a confirmation. Shortly after she returned with a positive ID

"did you check for a wedding ring?" I asked.

We both forgot...foiled again.

The emailing continued with him telling me he needed to exercise more. It was time to bite the bullet I sent a note saying I walked every day I went into the office, and that he should walk with me sometime.

I'd love too he responded. Notice the use of the word love. Never had I been told someone would "love" to walk around the parking lot of a large corporate building before. So my loyal readers. Mr. elevator and I set a date for a week from Thursday (i know a long time to wait) for the long awaited in person conversation, where yes I will be seeking a creative approach to finding out once and for all, is there a Mrs, and if not why's one listed on his phone directory listing. So many questions, so much possibility for a really warty frog, and then again maybe not?

At this point with everything unwinding with Fratboy1 i just want to know seriously is this dude married or not? I think we all do. The time may be coming. Stay tuned for more elevator gossip....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you ever googled elevator man?

Anonymous said...

where are you?? I want more stories!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sooooo did we walk and talk and find out things about the "wife", who by the way I think does NOT exist!!! =)